First of all, we thank you in advance for the few minutes you are taking to learn about our new measures surrounding the current situation. We appreciate it very much.
Our priority is the well-being and safety of all: Clients, Employees, and our Community
In the wake of the events surrounding VIDOC-19, Hotel Le Francis has taken sanitary measures in accordance with government recommendations. They are as follows:
Specific measures to protect the health and safety of all:
- Obligation on everyone’s part not to come to our establishment if they are experiencing one or more symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, breathing difficulties, loss of sense of smell, extreme fatigue) or if they have been in contact with an infected person.
- Social distancing measures mandatory for all.
- Ground markings for possible queues at the front desk.
- Obligation to disinfect hands via a hydro-alcoholic gel dispenser.
- One-way protocol mandatory for all.
- One-way external access doors (entry/exit only) mandatory for all.
- Obligation for all to respect and rigorously apply – at all times – these sanitary mechanisms and measures.
- Reinforced room disinfection protocol.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of public areas and reception.
- Limitation of three guests in the hotel lobby and obligation to wait outside if this is the case. Entering only when space becomes available.
- Upon arrival, all guests (including accompanying persons) will be required to answer questions related to COVID-19. Be aware that if any of them have symptoms or if they have been in contact with an infected person, they will be placed in isolation and their condition will be transferred to Public Health Agency immediately. Furthermore, we have detailed procedures in place, in the event that a client develops symptoms of COVID-19.
- Following the listing of these measures, our customers must ensure that they have fully understood them; they are mandatory and everyone must comply with them.
Management of early arrivals:
- No room will be available before 4:00 p.m. (time that corresponds to our clients’ reception policy). The goal is not to disturb the work of our cleaning staff, who are overworked by this situation. However, you can leave your luggage at our front desk office.
- Internal procedures have been established in the event of non-compliance with the mechanisms and sanitary measures; our employees are authorized to intervene.
- If a customer observes non-compliance with the mechanisms and sanitary measures, we encourage them to mention it as soon as possible at the reception desk, so that we can react quickly.
- Some services are closed or have limited access. Please refer to the “Services and Activities” sub-page to find out about them.
Special measures to protect the health and safety of our room cleaning staff:
- All requests for additional supplies from a client during their stay (ex: request for additional towels, toilet paper) must be made directly at the reception and not via a room maid that they meet during their stay. Our staff is advised that they must redirect the client to the reception desk in order to respect the mandatory social distancing measures.
- In order to minimize the possibility of COVID-19 infections to our employees, we will not provide refreshments in a room (occupied or not) during a stay of two days or more.
Commitment to compliance on the part of our customers:
Since the risks of transmission of COVID-19 are high, Hotel Le Francis relies on the good faith and goodwill of all its guests regarding the rigorous application of the health measures implemented in its business. Hotel Le Francis will ensure that the measures in place are applied and will intervene in the event of a defect. All of this is done in order to protect the health, safety and physical integrity of its customerss, employees, the company and the community.
If you have any questions at any time, you may contact the front desk.
Thank you for your collaboration and we look forward to welcoming you.
Francis and Alexandrine Cyr bought the lot located along the Petite Cascapédia River from Hernest Guité and Aline Cyr to establish Hôtel-Motel Francis in 1965. The triangular central portion, a distinctive feature of the establishment, was built at that time, with 22 motel units with balconies and views overlooking the river. The establishment was owned in later years by several different owners, one after the other, until the enterprise declared bankruptcy in 1989; at the time, it was essentially known for its disco-bar component. In that same year, the property was acquired by Lucille Roy-Duchesneau, who was determined to make it a reputed establishment. The daughter of a family of hotel owners, she had a very specific vision: Upgrade the establishment to make it a friendly, superior quality hotel. [Read on, in French only]
The efforts made by Hôtel Le Francis over the years to perfect its facilities and services have earned the establishment and its management numerous awards. [+]